I love MobileMe. It complements my workflow in countless ways. I particularly like using the iDisk to sync a selection of files between multiple computers. It’s nice to be able to work on a file during the day on one computer and come home and work on it on another computer without having to copy the file. However, every once in a while it hits a snag and no matter how many times I attempt to manually sync, the files just don’t update and I see a message in the bottom of the finder that says “iDisk not in sync”. So what now? We’ll it’s quite easy to get back up and running. You just need to follow these steps:
- Go to MobileMe under System Preferences.
- Under the iDisk Tab click “Stop” to disable iDisk syncing. This will create a local copy of your files on your desktop called “previous local idisk”.
- Next, go to the Account tab and click Sign Out.
- Now sign back In with an incorrect username and password. Anything will do. You should get an error message.
- Next, sign back into your Mobile Account with your correct username/password.
- Go back to the iDisk tab and Turn On iDisk Syncing.
- Now the iDisk icon should be back on your desktop. If you open it, it should start showing that it’s syncing. It may take a while depending upon how many files you have on your iDisk.
- Finally, you may have to manually put any recently updated or created files from your “previous local idisk” into your iDisk.
And that should be it. You might need to repeat this process on any computer that you sync to your iDisk which is having problems syncing.